Thursday, September 15, 2011

This and That

The Roye family has been very busy lately! 

Jaben has started attending Mother's Day Out at Henderson Hills twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursdays.  When I was pregnant with Josiah, I had contemplated whether or not to enroll him in this program.  I kept thinking about how much I would miss him and much I loved having him at home with me.  When Josiah arrived, I realized that Jaben was starting to become bored at home and needed something more.  I was still a little hesitant.  I enrolled him elsewhere for a one day a week program.  Jaben was on the waiting list at Henderson Hills if there was an opening.  Two days before he started his one day a week program, Henderson called and informed me they had an opening for him!  Praise the Lord!  We quickly removed him from the other program and enrolled him there.  

The first week went really well.  The first morning I dropped him off, he ran in the classroom and started playing.  He didn't even look back.  From a teacher's standpoint, that is amazing and wonderful.  From a Mom's standpoint, it made me cry. Ha!  I am so glad he is doing so well and not having separation anxiety, but the fact that he is growing up made me tear up some.   The second day drop off was a little more upsetting for him.  He knew he would be there for awhile since he had already been once.  So this time he cried, and I didn't.  

The second week went beautifully! I always take him a little early so that he can play with a cash register and market place stand in the hall before class.  When we were playing with those things, he was asking to go to class.  He couldn't wait!  He is such a big boy!

Jaben loves his teachers, Ms. Kathy and Ms. Angela.  Jaben also loves to talk and has been telling them hilarious stories.  The other day Ms. Angela talked to me after class and said Jaben told her that Josiah cries all the time.  Ms. Angela asked what he does when that happens.  He blatantly said, "I give him a pacifier." Ha!  This week they also had Spirit Day (Purple) and Chick-fil-a day for lunch.  They got chicken and apple wedges.  Apparently he told his teachers they didn't cut his apples like Mommy does. Haha!  I wish I could secretly watch him for just one day.

Josiah turned four months old today!  Where has the time gone!  He had his four month appointment this week.  He is in the 85% for height, which makes Daddy very proud.  And he weights 13 lbs. 2. ounces, the 25% in weight.  He is a lean machine!  He had his first experience with the exersaucer this week.  He eyes just kept darting from one thing to the next as if he couldn't take it in fast enough.  

Josiah has also started rolling from back to belly and belly to back.  At night I will put him to bed facing one way and by the morning he is facing the complete opposite way.  He loves to sleep with his feet propped up on the bumper.  Ha!  I will try to sneak a picture sometime and post it.

Justin and I are doing well!  He is loving his job and the fact that deer season is in the VERY near future.    I am loving staying at home with the boys.  It is such a blessing!  

Here are a few pictures of the family.  Blessings!
Jessica
First day of school.


Purple Spirit Day!


Jaben with his friend Guy!



My Roye Boys!  Their expressions pretty much speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment